Friday, June 18, 2010

Hyundai i10 Headlight Bulb Upgrade - Sealing The Cap!

I just sealed the holes in the cap, i used Anabond 666 RTV sealant which is actually a silicone gasket material which i have extensively used in my motorcycle DIY days. I bought the Anabond white RTV silicone sealant and smeared it over the hole and the wires. It sets in couple of hours to form a thick but flexible seal. It should hold good. Sorry for the poor pics, i used my cell phone cam with a torchlight for a flash ;-)

This is the hole before applying the silicone sealant.

Hole after applying the sealant.




Again had to pull out the head lamp unit to do this thing. I fixed the headlamps back and switched on the light, only to find that left headlamp is emitting a feeble glow, i was wondering what went wrong when suddenly it struck me that i must not have tightened the bolt where the ground wire is clamped. Opened the hood and yes i thought right!, i forgot to tighten the ground bolt (i had loosened it to take out the lamp), i tightened it and now all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment